Salary: Competitive basic plus benefits
With millions of people switching their TV, Broadband, mobile, energy and insurance suppliers every year, Smart is changing the way the people enjoy their everyday services. We stand out from the crowd for our digital mindset and the way we enable customers to stay in control.
Smart is set to become the UK’s leading multi-play challenger offering truly differentiatd convergent services to consumers and the convenience of getting quality and value from a trusted brand.
- Executive Committee responsibility for wholesale trading and risk management in electricity, gas, coal, carbon and power markets.
- Definition and evolution Smart’s trading strategy in line with the company objectives.
- Production of accurate forecasts
- Energy trading / hedging
- Risk management
- Market analysis (Fundamental and Technical)
- Liaising with external bodies such as OFGEM, The National Grid etc.
- Extensive experience within the energy trading and procurement.
- An up to date knowledge and understanding of electrical power generation regulations and legislation
- Strong analytical skills/prior experience as an analyst
- A relevant qualification or equivalent experience in the energy industry (ideally energy trading)
- Wholesale market insights and relentless drive for profitability